Apply for a bursary to attend the 2014 Science Communication Conference
Bookings for the 2014 Science Communication Conference are open – it will be held on the 1st and 2nd of May hosted by the University of Surrey in Guildford and bursaries are available for researchers that take part in public engagement projects. Apply now for a free place at this year’s Conference!
Bursary applications are open and will close on 28 March. Find out more and apply for a bursary.
The Science Communication Conference is the annual event that brings together the most diverse range of science communicators to meet each other, get new skills and discuss the biggest issues in public engagement.
The Conference contains a real mixture of sessions including inspiring plenary sessions and you choose the parallel sessions that you think are most relevant for you.
If you’re a researcher interested in how to communicate your work, you might be interested in:
- Science busking – What? Why? How? – looking at how you might consider using science busking to talk about your work.
- Citizen Science – explore how you can enable the public to get involved in real science and the tools to make this happen.
- The art of popular science writing – how can you engage people through an amazing science article or blog post? Improve your writing skills in this session.
And many more! Take a look at the programme and discover the rest of the sessions that the Conference has to offer you.
- Develop your skills through the ‘Do It’ strand. Find out more about inspiring projects and best practice through the ‘Discover It’ strand.
- Debate the important issues through the ‘Discuss It’ strand.
- Make new connections and find out about other delegates through our structured networking sessions
- Pre-conference mixer and social events to meet other delegates and have a good time!