Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is a research communication competition developed by the University of Queensland in 2008, in which doctoral researchers have just three minutes to deliver an engaging presentation on their thesis topic, its originality and its significance.
With universities across the world now holding their own 3MT competitions, the University of Birmingham are delighted to be running a 3MT and are excited to invite all doctoral researchers to participate in such a highly-regarded competition.
If you are a current doctoral researcher interested in developing your presentation and research communication skills, raising the profile of your research and having the chance to win an international research bursary, we warmly encourage you to take part. There is a 3MT training session on Friday 9 May.
Key dates for the 2014 Birmingham 3MT heats (all held in Arts Main Lecture Theatre):
- College of Arts and Law: Monday 19 May, 10am
- College of Engineering and Physical Sciences: Monday 19 May, 1pm
- College of Social Sciences: Monday 19 May, 3pm
- College of Life and Environmental Sciences: Tuesday 20 May, 10am
- College of Medical and Dental Sciences: Tuesday 20 May, 1pm
- Birmingham 3MT final: Wednesday 11 June 2014
More information is available on the intranet – https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/external/student-recruitment-and-outreach/postgraduate-recruitment/3MT.aspx
Here’s an entry from last year…