Are you a PhD student or early career researcher? Are you interested in getting involved with public engagement but are unsure how to communicate your research effectively? If so, come along to an introductory workshop to learn valuable skills to get you started with public engagement!
The workshop is a 3 hour interactive session designed by UoB researchers for UoB researchers. It aims to develop and build upon some of the essential skills necessary to deliver research effectively to the public. The brief aims of the workshop are:
- Meet PhD students/ECRs from across the University and find out about the public engagement they do.
- Explore what public engagement with research means and develop useful skills through interactive group activities and discussions.
- Network with others and learn about opportunities for you to get involved.
- Deepen your understanding of public engagement with research.
- Learn essential skills/techniques which can be applied for your own public engagement.
- Identify your skills and think about next steps or further training to take you forward.
The workshop is open to postgraduate and early career researchers from all Colleges and will be based at N334 in the Gispert Kapp building on Wednesday 24th February 2016 from 1-4pm.
To reserve your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Revealing Research Workshop’ in the title. Please also include your name, position (e.g. 2nd Year PhD, Postdoc), School/department and your College.
The workshop has a limited number of spaces so registration is essential and will be on a first-come basis.