“Science is not finished until it’s communicated”
Just before Easter Elsevier launched the Researchers’ Choice Communication Award RCCA #RCCA2018. They’d be delighted if you would encourage your faculty departments and your student groups to nominate their outstanding early career researchers and peers via Mendeley, the social network for scientists. There are several ways you can do this:
- Share this Mendeley blog post on your own channels
- Circulate or print-out the attached poster and display around campus
- Leave copies of the flyer in your library or other student study areas
The winner, chosen by their judging panel, will be announced at the awards ceremony in the presence of UK research leaders and the CEO of Elsevier on 4th October at the Royal Society in London. Chairman of the ceremony is President and Vice-Chancellor of Cardiff University and Fulbright Commissioner, Professor Colin Riordan.
Nominating a researcher for the RCCA – How does it work?
- Nominations open on Wednesday 28th March 2018
- Post the nomination directly to the dedicated Mendeley group
- Those new to Mendeley will either need to sign up for a free account or email nominations to email@example.com
- You cannot nominate yourself
- Include the following information as part of the nomination:
- Summary of nomination (250 words max)
- Links to evidence of good work (e.g. research, speeches, blog posts, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) Only content clearly listed as part of the nomination will be used for final review
- Nominations will be accepted until Thursday 17th May 2018
The winner will be announced at this year’s Awards ceremony at the Royal Society in London on 4th October 2018.