Are you an expert in a field such as science, engineering, politics, or the arts?
Have you ever considered a career in television? Could you be the next Lucy Worsley or Brian Cox?
Would you like to be coached in how to pitch yourself to TV professionals and then given the opportunity to do so?
Do you want to make new connections and spark collaborations with TV broadcasters and producers?
WHAT IS THE ON-SCREEN FACTUAL TALENT MARKET? FIND OUT MORE HERE
The On-Screen Talent Market is a Sheffield Doc/Fest initiative to connect potential on-screen talent with producers, commissioners, and decision makers looking for fresh faces for their programmes.
Launching as a scheme for UK-based talent in 2016, it will include pitch training for academics and experts to hone their skills in presenting themselves to the media, ahead of meetings with television executives.
We are looking for new on-screen talent from a diverse range of fields, whether it be science and engineering or arts and humanities, or anything in between.
Meetings between selected talent and decision makers will take place between 5 and 10 June 2016 at Sheffield Doc/Fest.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
– You should want to share your expertise as part of a team providing factual programming for television, in both on-screen and advisory roles.
– You might be an academic with expertise in a particular area, or a professional working in a specific field, for example science or politics or engineering.
– You may have some experience in broadcast media; this is however by no means a pre-requisite for consideration.
– You should be a confident and engaging communicator.
– We are looking for talented individuals and encourage applications from all genders and ethnicities.
– You should be working and living in the UK and be over 18 years old.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for The On-Screen Factual Talent Market are now open!
You will need to complete an application form, please click here to download. Please send your completed form and any queries to Becky Webb
Applications close on Monday 25 January 2016 at 5pm UK time.
If you are selected for the market, you will be required to pay a fee of £70+VAT for the full programme, this includes the coaching as well as one-to-one meetings with television executives.
Selected talent will also be given the opportunity to purchase a full festival pass at a discounted rate of £199+VAT (reduced from £299+VAT) to grant access to Sheffield Doc/Fest 2016. A full festival pass gives access to all film screenings, marketplace sessions, the industry conference programme, networking receptions and parties. *Note. If you have already purchased a pass to the festival we will be unable to refund this. The pass is a complimentary bonus and the price outlined is the course fee, which is itself highly subsidised. The opportunity to pay in instalments is available. If you need to discuss your financial needs please email Becky Webb
On-Screen Factual Talent Market // Sheffield Doc/Fest 2016 // 10 – 15 June 2016
Participants will attend Sheffield Doc/Fest’s Marketplace for the On-Screen Factual Talent Market. The day will take place during Sheffield Doc/Fest 10-15 June 2016. Date and exact timings will be confirmed on selection.
– Monday 25 January 2016: applications close
– End of February: selected participants informed
– March-April 2016: Preparatory mentoring from the Sheffield Doc/Fest Marketplace team. Mentoring will take place in person where possible
– June 2016: Market Day (date tbc) – the day will comprise two parts:
1. Pitch training – talent will receive pre-meeting pitch training from the marketplace team at Sheffield Doc/Fest and experts
2. One-to-one meetings with television experts – these will include TV execs, producers and TV broadcast professionals
If you have any queries about the On-Screen Talent Market please email Becky Webb